XOESE, the Francophone Women’s Fund is hosting the International Francophone Forum, which will take place on a virtual platform, from November 23 to 26, 2021. The theme is « Strengthening the Francophone Women’s Movement: How can we contribute? » This event will bring together the key leaders of the Francophone women’s movement from around the world. It will be a space to meet, connect, exchange, revitalize, and strategize on innovative ways to work together beyond our differences in order to strengthen our movement.
XOESE is recruiting French/English and English/French interpreters for the International Francophone Forum, which will be held from the 23rd to the 26th of November 2021 on a virtual platform. An open offer, preferably for women.
Reserve a stand for your organisation now ! The Francophone Forum, organized by XOESE, will be held from 23 to 26 November 2021 and will bring together nearly 1000 activists and all the actors who have sparked the movement of Francophone women. Due to health restrictions due to the COVID-19
Due to the Increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in Lomé (Togo) and the current restrictions on gatherings that are likely to last, XOESE made the difficult decision to no longer hold the forum in person ; it will only be online. The dates of the Forum are the same,
From 23 to 26 November 2021, XOESE, the Francophone Women’s Fund is organizing the Francophone Forum, under the theme: “Strengthening the Francophone Women’s Movement: How can we contribute to it? “. The main leaders of the Francophone women’s movement will be brought together at this event to lead initial discussions
The majority of the Francophone countries of the Global South have in common the colonial heritage and its vestiges, including the French language. Most of their legal texts are derived from those of their former colonizers and contain the same discriminatory provisions against women, young women, girls and LGBTIQ people. Their populations experience very similar realities: underdevelopment, poverty, forms of organization, and human-to-human relations.
Through the activities of this forum, the objectives that we want to achieve are:
- Contribute to strengthening the movement of Francophone women by creating for them the space that allows them to meet, forge alliances and to develop strategies on the practical way of working together,
- Celebrate our achievements as a movement, …
The Forum will serve as :
- An open space: we will ensure that the Forum is a welcoming space for all participants;
- An inclusive space: In addition to making the space accessible, we will organize discussions with participants from women’s groups with disabilities to improve our accessibility knowledge and practices, and to receive their suggestions on how to better involve women with disabilities in the activities of our organizations and movements in our countries;…
The will serve as a space to listen to, collaborate with, and discuss with other women in create innovative solutions to internal problems of the movement and to reinforce their solidarity and their capacity to work together. This event will focus on four main pillars …
The Forum’s agenda will be developed and finalized by the Organisation Committee. Each part of the agenda will be interactively designed to ensure that participants can actively contribute to the Forum and are more than just spectators.
In order to be able to offer an unforgettable experience worthy of our dedicated feminist participants, an organization committee has been established to provide strategic advice on the conceptualization and organization of the Forum and on its anticipated results.
The Organisation Committee (OC) is made up of nine key French-speaking feminists representing geographic and thematic diversity and with proven experience in different sectors.
Qu’est ce que le Forum International Francophone?
- Le Forum International Francophone est un évènement qui réunira les leaders clés du mouvement des femmes francophones du monde entier. Ce sera un espace pour se rencontrer, nouer des liens, échanger, se redynamiser et élaborer des stratégies sur des moyens novateurs de travailler ensemble au-delà de nos différences en vue de renforcer notre mouvement.