Job Description and Requirements
Organization: XOESE, The Francophone Women’s Fund
Job Title: Resource Mobilization and Communication Officer
Deadline: June 7, 2020 at Midnight UTC
Duty Station: Lomé (Togo) or home based
Education & Work Experience: Bachelor’s Level Degree or Equivalent + 3 years’ experience
Languages: Fluency in English & French
Contract type: permanent contract
XOESE, The Francophone Women’s Fund is a feminist foundation of public utility that aims to financially and technically support the implementation of women’s organizations’ initiatives in the Global South French-speaking countries. Created in 2015, our secretariat is based in Lomé, Togo.
As a Fund, we work to strengthen the capacity of Francophone women’s and young women’s leaders and organizations to be effective gender advocates and tireless actors of social change. Through our grantmaking, we resource the movement and support them to raise awareness about their rights, challenge the status quo and expose all forms of discrimination and oppression.
The Resource Mobilization and Communication (RM/C) Officer is primarily responsible for developing and implementation of XOESE resource mobilization and communication strategies. The RM/C Officer will be directly supervised by the Executive Director and will work closely with Programs team.
- Expand opportunities for sourcing for grants from private foundations and international aid agencies,
- Strengthen XOESE’s system and processes to support individual giving from Africa and the Diaspora,
- Establish systems and process to increase XOESE’s visibility to support its fundraising efforts.
- Review and update the Fund’s resource mobilization strategy;
- Develop and implement annual plan derived from the overall resource mobilization strategy;
- Update the XOESE’s existing database of potential private foundations and international aid agencies that could support the Fund’s work;
- Establish and build relationships with current and potential private foundations and international aid agencies;
- Contribute to grant proposals writing.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of XOESE communication strategy to contribute to the achievement of resource mobilization goals;
- Lead the development of communication materials including annual reports, organizational profiles, program publications amongst others;
- Write, edit, translate and proofread content as needed;
- Identify and map francophone communities living in Diaspora and their organizations;
- Create a program to cultivate a community of international supporters for XOESE;
- Develop activities to engage and educate potential international supports about XOESE’s work;
- Identify and engage in potential public fundraising activities;
- Develop communication materials for an individual giving program;
- Execute trainings for other team members on resource mobilization and communication;
- Support the executive Director in monitoring and building relationships with donors.
Qualification and Personal Characteristics
- Degree in communication with minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a fundraising and communication role;
- Experience in grant-writing and individual giving strategies;
- Demonstrated passion for women’s and girls’ human rights;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and high paced environment;
- Strong oral and written communicate skills including ability to effectively communicate in English and French and make effective presentations to internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Experience with strategic communications and use of technology;
- Self-starter and motivated to meet fundraising targets;
- Strong relationship building and persuasive skills;
- Organized and detailed oriented;
- Strong time-management skills and ability to multi-task;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and provide a high level of professionalism;
- Knowledge and connection to the African Diaspora communities is an asset.
- Ability to travel within Africa and internationally when necessary;
- Commitment to XOESE’s feminist values
- Willingness to assume a range of unanticipated tasks and work flexible hours, sometimes outside of regular working hours;
Salary commensurate with experience. XOESE offers a benefits package that includes medical, a retirement plan and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter indicating their relevant skills, experience and salary aspiration and an updated CV of not more than 4 pages by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Resource Mobilization and Communication Officer” in the subject heading.
Applications are due by June 7, 2020 at Midnight UTC.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
XOESE is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
Women and young women from the diaspora are highly encouraged to apply.
No relocation costs will be covered for this position. Applicants could work from home.