Télécharger la description du poste (en anglais)
Organisation: XOESE, Le Fonds des femmes francophones
Titre du poste: Responsable des Programmes
Date limite: 18 Avril 2021 à minuit UTC
Lieu d’affectation: Lomé (Togo) ou à domicile
Éducation et expérience de travail: Licence ou diplôme équivalent + 5 ans d’expérience
Langues: Maîtrise de l’anglais et du français
Type de contrat: CDI (après 6 mois d’essai réussi)
XOESE, The Francophone Women’s Fund is a feminist foundation of public utility that aims to financially and technically support the implementation of women’s organizations’ initiatives in the Global South French-speaking countries. Created in 2015, our secretariat is based in Lomé, Togo.
As a Fund, we work to strengthen the capacity of Francophone women’s and young women’s leaders and organizations to be effective gender advocates and tireless actors of social change. Through our grantmaking and programs, we resource the movement and support them to raise awareness about their rights, challenge the status quo and expose all forms of discrimination and oppression.
The Programs Manager works in conjunction with other members of the Fund’s team to coordinate the Fund’s programs including the capacity building program, the grantmaking program and other initiatives. She administers the portfolio of grants, provide technical support to grantee-partners and contribute to building alliances. Primary tasks range from grants management to the review and analysis of funding requests while actively contributing to the overall growth and strategic development of the organization.
Programs Implementation, Coordination & Evaluation
- Develop call for proposals and outreach contents;
- Compile incoming proposals from groups, acquire supplementary information/research as needed;
- Assess grant applications and prepare grants dockets in French;
- Undertake due diligence to complete applicants’ profiles and seek endorsements;
- Prepare periodic reports and analyses of programmatic and grantmaking activities including grants statistics, grantees summaries, reports on trending issues, desk reports, donor reports as well as other special reports;
- Provide technical assistance to grantees to enable them to build their organizational capacities & programmatic strategies and support their resource mobilizations efforts;
- Undertake scheduled site visits to grantee organizations and produce site visit reports;
- Oversee administrative duties related to programs including database management and grants administration;
- Support the preparation of the programs budget;
- Support work around XOESE’s evaluation procedures and donor visits;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of XOESE’s technical support activities to francophone women’s rights organizations and movements;
- Contribute to XOESE’s resource mobilization activities including identifying and following up fundraising opportunities in collaboration with the Resource Mobilization team and supporting proposal and donor reports writing;
- Support translation and other initiatives aimed at sustaining and growing the Fund;
- Carry out any other duties as required.
Communication & Representation
- Create connections between grantees and other funders;
- Produce program contents for publication on XOESE’s website and social media accounts;
- Represent the Fund at public events and/or in mass media as requested;
- Represent the Program Team at XOESE Board meetings as necessary;
- Plan and conduct travel and other outreach activities to enhance and sustain existing and future networks with potential grantees.
Advocacy & Alliance Building
- Contribute to the creation of connections between issues relevant to Francophone women’s human rights activists, organizations and movement and opportunities for XOESE to leverage its position as a funder in advocacy circles;
- Contribute to identifying communications opportunities and strategies to raise awareness about Francophone women’s specific issues and needs;
- Contribute to strengthening XOESE’s networking with other donors, foundations, women’s and other relevant organizations to develop resource mobilization, grantmaking and programmatic partnerships and collaborations;
- Contribute to building and maintaining relationships with other individuals and institutions as necessary.
- Work in collaboration with other team members to promote collaborative ways of working, team-work and positive interaction with diverse staffing and stakeholder groups;
- Contribute to the overall health and growth of the Fund.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated expertise in women’s rights in Africa and knowledge of key women’s rights issues and debates in Francophone Africa;
- Awareness and understanding of issues of privilege, oppression, and marginalized communities;
- Understanding of African women’s organizing and ability to conduct assessments of organizational strategies, programming and do basic assessment of organizational systems including finances;
- Knowledge and work experience in the African women’s rights, grant making and/or civil society environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. This includes ability to make effective presentations to internal and external stakeholders as required;
- Good interpersonal relationship skills and strong team player;
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people;
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and manage projects;
- Strong time-management skills and ability to multi-task;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and provide a high level of professionalism;
- Ability to work flexible working hours, sometimes outside of regular working hours;
- Ability to manage a heavy work schedule;
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to solve problem and resourcefulness;
- Ability to travel within Africa and internationally when necessary;
- A passion for women’s rights and a commitment to XOESE’s feminist values.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field, or equivalent work experience;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a related organization;
- 2 – 3 years of work experience in Africa for applicants from the diaspora, an asset;
- A critical understanding of and deep commitment to social justice and human rights issues facing francophone women, young women, girls and elderly women;
- Exceptional attention to details and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated project management experience;
- Demonstrated interest in a career within the field of women’s philanthropy, women’s human rights, and commitment to the mission and vision of XOESE;
- Fluency in both English and French language;
- Willingness to assume a range of unanticipated tasks and work flexible hours;
- Excellent computer skills, including MSOffice, familiarity with Mac preferable;
- At least three (3) International travels required per year.
Salary commensurate with experience. XOESE offers a benefits package that includes medical, a retirement plan and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter indicating their relevant skills, experience and salary aspiration and an updated CV of not more than 4 pages by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Program Manager” in the subject heading.
Applications are due by April 18, 2021 at Midnight UTC.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
If you did not hear back from us 8 weeks after the deadline, please consider that your application was not shortlisted.
XOESE is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
Women and young women from the diaspora are highly encouraged to apply.
No relocation costs will be covered for this position. Applicants could work from home.