Deadline: January 10th, 2021
XOESE’s Board of Directors represents the perspectives of the Francophone women’s community and movements vis-à-vis the Fund as well as those of the Fund vis-à-vis the community and the Francophone women’s movement.
We are looking for defenders of women’s rights and people with skills in the areas of the activities of the fund, in this case finance, investment, organizational management and a young woman under 35 to occupy the youth seat on the council.
XOESE, the Francophone Women’s Fund is a feminist foundation created on September 1, 2015. Its objectives are to:
- Provide financial support for the implementation of initiatives promoting the rights of women, young women and girls;
- Strengthen the institutional capacities of women’s and young women’s organizations;
- Encourage and support innovative initiatives for the empowerment of women’s and young women’s organizations.
Its secretariat is based in Lomé, Togo. But XOESE’s staff is made up of employees and volunteers based at headquarters or at home.
Its coverage area includes in total the 25 French-speaking countries of the Global South. The XOESE Fund will complete its grant-making and capacity building activities for women’s and young women’s organizations within those countries.
Before nominated yourself or one of your colleagues, please make sure that the person nominated fits the requirements listed below:
Those who can qualify to be a member of the Board:
All persons benefiting from their civil and legal rights, of good morality, originating from and residing in France or a francophone country in the Global South and who:
- Shares XOESE’s feminist beliefs and values;
- Shares the funds’ mission and objectives;
- Is willing
to comply with the provisions of its statutes and internal directives
- The full participation of all Board meetings;
- The participation and active engagement in all of the Funds’ activities;
- The ability to devote around 100 hours per year to the Fund (i.e. around 2 hours per week or 16 minutes a day);
- The ability to pay a Board membership fee of 1,000 euros per year, including an initial fee of at least 50 euros.
- Has 10 years of collaborative experience with international organizations (NGOs, government agencies, UN or others) and at least 6 years of experience in management positions in which 2 of those years are in an international institution (at the exception of the young candidates applying for the youth position);
- Has access to reliable Internet connection and has the ability to respond within 48 hours to emails;
- Has a good level of spoken and written English (a plus).
Those who cannot qualify to be a member of the Board
- Legal persons;
- All persons who are not actively engaged in the promotion of women rights and gender equality;
- All persons currently occupying or applying for a political position;
- All persons occupying a management position in a political party or has publicly supported a candidate during an electoral campaign in the last three months preceding her nomination as a member of the Board.
HOW TO APPLY?
XOESE encourages people from ethnic minorities, indigenous communities and people with disabilities to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Due to the high number of applications that we receive, we regret to inform that we will not be able to personally respond to candidates that are not selected for an interview.
If you do not hear back from us within 6 weeks following the application deadline, please assume that your application was not selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
No phone calls please.