- Job Title: Consultant
- Deadline: 28 October 2021, 23:59 GMT
- Location: Home-based or XOESE Secretariat in Lomé (Togo)
- Start Date: Immediately
- Type of contract : Consultancy
- Duration of the contract: 3 months
- Languages required: French and English
- Finalize a strategy for the implementation of the Virtual Forum that is consistent with the overall vision of the Forum and other strategies already developed (such as content, accessibility, communications, etc.);
- Support the Management in making major decisions on the logistics of the Forum by providing them with a well documented, objective and balanced description of the available alternatives, including their advantages and disadvantages, and their implications (financial, political, human resources etc.), as well as recommendations;
- Lead the implementation of the Forum;
- Integrate a feminist political vision in the implementation of the Forum;
- Work closely with the XOESE communications team to ensure that all print and online communications products and materials related to the Forum, including but not limited to the Forum programme, banners, flyers etc., are consistent with the overall vision of the Forum and its related strategies;
- Develop the Forum Manual (incorporating new lessons and ideas to facilitate a smooth organizational process for future forums);
- Write the Forum report, documenting the highlights of all the processes before, during and after the four days of the Forum;
- Supervise and support the work of the digital platform provider in building the website, registration and scheduling processes of the Forum;
- Provide leadership by responding to special requests, resolving issues and escalating appropriate concerns to the Director as necessary;
- Coordinate the logistical needs of all sessions that are part of the Forum program (self-organized by XOESE, those with donors, proposed sessions etc.);
- Oversee the development and management of the Forum’s database to process information and requirements for sessions/activities;
- Ensure regular communication with the organizers of the Forum activities;
- Liaise with the Communications Associate for the translation, design and dissemination of all information on the Forum;
- Ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the Forum: supervise activities, respond to requests from participants and stakeholders on the platform;
- Support effective problem solving and issue management (including between participants and service providers);
- Develop and follow an individual work plan that documents the timeline, requirements and deadlines for all tasks and deliverables related to the International Forum logistics strategy;
- Develop, manage and adhere to the logistical components of the Forum’s budget, monitoring expenditures on a daily basis, providing details and explanations of any variances;
- Approve expenditures for the logistical activities of the Forum in accordance with established guidelines.
The consultant will work closely with the Forum coordination team and will work under the direct supervision of the XOESE Fund Director.
About the Francophone Forum
The Francophone Forum is an event that will bring together key leaders of the Francophone women’s movement from around the world, primarily from the Global South. It will be a space to meet, network, exchange, re-energize and strategize on innovative ways to work together across our differences to strengthen our movement. The Forum will highlight innovative experiences and outstanding achievements of activists and their organizations in different countries and regions of the French-speaking South. It will be a gathering of Francophone women’s rights activists from the Global South that will focus on movement building, based on the belief that collective action, generative power and interdependence are essential to removing systemic barriers to gender justice and women’s rights.
The Francophone Forum will be held from 23 to 26 November 2021 on a virtual platform.
- To contribute to the strengthening of the Francophone women’s movement by creating a space for them to meet, forge alliances and strategize on how to work together in practical ways,
- Celebrate our achievements as a movement,
- Strengthen solidarity and sisterhood among Francophone activists and their organizations,
- Encourage intergenerational, intersectoral and intersectional collaboration within the movement.
- Strengthen the active commitment of Francophone activists to work together towards a common goal.
- Develop strategies to solicit more and better philanthropic resources for Francophone women’s initiatives and organizations.
The Forum Agenda will be designed to be interactive to ensure that participants are more than just spectators, but actively contribute to the Forum.
The Agenda will focus on four main areas:
- Working together in an effective and mutually beneficial way
- Strengthening the capacities of Francophone organizations for a better impact
- Working together – Implementing our recommendations
- Celebrating our achievements
The program includes round tables, practical workshops, artistic activities, relaxation, games, etc.
The ideal candidate should :
- Be convinced of the Fund’s mission and vision and commit to respecting its values and helping to achieve its objectives;
- Have a special interest in and commitment to women’s human rights and feminist movements;
- At least two years experience in coordinating large-scale national and international meetings/conferences, preferably related to activism, women or gender, human rights or development;
- Hold a degree in event management, public relations or other related studies;
- Experience in coordinating virtual events is an asset;
- Meticulous, detailed-oriented and organized;
- Have good computer skills and be comfortable with technology;
- Good knowledge of video conferencing platforms;
- Be perfectly bilingual in English and French;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Versatile, autonomous, self-taught;
- Be rigorous in meeting deadlines and deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please send your application containing the documents below to email@example.com as soon as possible and before the deadline of October 28, 2021 with the subject line “Consultant Application for the Francophone Forum”. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
- a motivation letter (indicating your availability and your salary expectations),
- a recent CV / resume (preferably one page, maximum 2 pages) with three references of recent and similar services.
- copies of your diplomas or certificates.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to respond personally to applicants who are not shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within six weeks of the deadline, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Only those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.