Are you an activist based in a French-speaking country in Africa, Oceania or Haiti who has carried out positive impact activities in your community? XOESE celebrates your commitment.
APPLY for the 3rd edition of the Francophone Award for Gender Equality by December 08, 2022 at 23:59 GMT/UTC
XOESE, the Francophone Women’s Fund, is launching the 3rd edition of the Francophone Gender Equality Award to honor women activists from Francophone countries in the Global South who have made lasting positive changes to improve the lives of women, young women and girls and LGBTQI+ people in their communities.
About the Award
The Francophone Award for Gender Equality highlights the extraordinary commitment and achievements of women activists who have advanced the rights of women, young women and girls and gender equality in the different Francophone countries of the Global South.
Through this award, XOESE would like to recognize the considerable efforts of these heroines, often in the shadows, and increase the visibility of their exceptional achievements.
Interested applicants must complete the application form by December 08, 2022, at 23:59 GMT/UTC.
- Work or volunteer for a civil society organization
- Achievements must have taken place in one or more of the targeted Francophone countries of the Global South
- Have initiated and/or contributed to projects, advocacy activities, etc. that have had a significant impact and have brought about positive behavioral changes with respect to the rights of women, young women, girls and/or LGBTQI+ people
- Official recognition by a Feminist Fund, which will increase their visibility and that of their organizations within the women’s rights and gender equality movement
- An envelope of 2000 USD for the first laureate, 1500 USD for the second laureate and 1000 USD for the third laureate
- Receipt of a symbolic trophy to honor their commitment to the cause of women’s rights during an official award ceremony
How to apply?
Interested candidates must submit their application by filling out this form no later than December 08, 2022 at 23:59 GMT/UTC.
And please send on firstname.lastname@example.org: your resume (including the following information: your full legal name, date of birth, country of citizenship, country of residence and postal address, email and telephone number), any supporting documents you deem necessary as well as three letters of reference (from three (03) individuals or three (03) organizations that can attest to your commitment and the exceptional nature of your achievements in the movement (Maximum 400 words for each file).