● Job title: French-English and/or English-French video-conference interpreters
● Deadline for sending applications: November 12, 2021
● Contract duration: November 23 to 26
● Requirements: French and English language
● Number of candidates: Several
About the Forum
The Francophone Forum is an event that brings together key leaders of the Francophone women’s movement from around the world, mainly those from the Great South. It will be one to meet, no link, exchange, revitalize and create a space of strategies on innovative ways to work together beyond our differences by strengthening our movement. The Forum will highlight innovative experiences and exceptional achievements of activists and their organizations in different countries and
regions of the French-speaking Great South. It will be a meeting of Francophone women’s rights activists from the Great South who focus on movement building, strong in the conviction that collective action, generative power and interdependence are essential to remove systemic obstacles to justice. gender and women’s rights.
The Francophone Forum will be held from 23 to 26 November 2021 on a virtual platform.
● Contribute to strengthening the movement of Francophone women by creating the space for them to meet, forge alliances and develop strategies on how to work together,
● Celebrate our achievements as a movement,
● Strengthen solidarity and sorority among Francophone activists and their
● Encourage intergenerational, intersectoral and intersectional collaboration in
within the movement.
● Strengthen the active commitment of Francophone activists to work together to promote
achievement of a common goal.
● Develop strategies to solicit more and better resources
philanthropic for Francophone women’s initiatives and organizations.
On the program are round tables, practical workshops, artistic, relaxation, fun activities, etc.
Online interpretation from French to English and/or English to French during large virtual meetings. He or she will be interpreting subjects relating to strengthening the Francophone movement for the rights of women and girls
● Hold a university degree in interpreting or in English or French
● Have proven experience as a French/English and/or English/French interpretation and in videoconferencing preferably in relation to activism, women or gender
human rights or development
● Perfect English and French with proof of your oral and written capabilities in both languages
● Special interest and commitment to the human rights of women and
To apply, please send your application file containing the documents below to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and before the deadline of November 12 with the subject line “French / English interpreter” or English/French interpreter depending on your capabilities. Applications will be reviewed as we receive them.
1. A short cover letter
2. A recent CV (preferably one page, maximum 2 pages) with three recent and similar service references
3. A quote of the cost for your services
4. Copies of your diplomas or certificates
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret that we cannot respond personally to applicants who will not be shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within six weeks of the deadline, assume that your application has not been selected for the job. Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.