Activists and organizations of the feminist movement are invited to contribute to the construction of the agenda of the XOESE Francophone Forum that will take place from November 27 to 30, 2023 in Lomé and online on the theme: “Building the Francophone feminist movement: Where to start?
The XOESE International Francophone Forum is an event dedicated exclusively to strengthening the Francophone women’s rights movement. It brings together key leaders of the movement, women’s rights and social justice advocates from different social movements, as well as development practitioners, donors and policy makers.
The objectives of the Francophone Forum 2023 are to :
- To increase the feminist commitment of the actresses of the Francophone women’s movement;
- To increase the commitment of donors and other stakeholders to strategically and sustainably support the Francophone women’s movement.
Co-construction of the Forum Agenda
The call for contributions aims to gather proposals on the themes proposed by the Forum in order to feed the reflections and build the agenda of the latter. It concerns the different themes addressed in the movement, namely :
- Introduction to feminism
- Accepting our feminism: revisiting and improving our practices
- Feminist taboos and the silent and unacknowledged needs of women advocates
- Funding in the Francophone feminist movement
Each part of the forum’s agenda will be designed to be interactive to ensure that participants will be able to actively contribute to the event and not just be spectators.
XOESE invites all interested individuals and legal entities to also contribute to the creation of the space and content by proposing activities in the different formats below, without being limited to them.
- Debate session
- Round Table
- Paper session
- Learning workshop
- Fun activity
- Wellness session
- Innovative activity
We strongly encourage initiators of self-organized activities/sessions to organize them in collaboration with one or more organizations or resource persons;
Suggest activities for Forum 2023
You can download the call for contributions here and complete your form before April 30, 2023.
The criteria on which activity proposals will be evaluated are as follows:
- Alignment of the session with the purpose, objectives and focus of the forum
- Relevance of the topic to the forum theme
- Quality and dynamism of the presentation format
- The diversity of the proposed speakers
Watch our orientation webinar on “How to apply to the Francophone Forum 2023 call for contributions ?”
Applications are open to any person/group/organization and in all local languages, provided that they can provide or take care of a French translation.
We look forward to receiving your proposals by April 30, 2023.