Job Title: Campaign Coordinator “WARIKOW … My relationship with Money”
Location: XOESE headquarters (in Lomé, Togo) or remote (at home)
Application deadline: April 07, 2023
Type of contract: Part-time consultancy: 1 to 2 days per week (8 days per month)
Duration of the contract : Six (06) months renewable if there is a need to extend and if resources are available.
Start date: April 24, 2023
Language requirements: French, English
You can download the information document of the offer in English
Are you a woman who is passionate about women’s rights and concerned about the slow results of development initiatives? Do you have a proven track record in the women’s movement and activism? Are you interested in supporting francophone women’s and young women’s organizations to be more active and responsive by providing your expertise? Are you bilingual (English/French)? You may be the ideal candidate that XOESE is looking for for this position. To apply, please send your application before April 7, 2023 to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
I/ ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN “WARIKOW … My Relationship with Money”
This new XOESE campaign aims to:
- Bring the movement’s actresses to understand where the money they receive in the form of grants for their initiatives comes from;
- Re-examine their relationship with the money they receive in grants;
- Reflect on how to make the best use of it.
The activities that will be launched will include
- exchanges between movement stakeholders
- Exchanges between donors and stakeholders
- Question and answer sessions;
- Reflection and strategy sessions on innovative solutions;
Sessions will include:
Part 1: Grant Money and We (Activists).
- Grant money = A donation? But to what extent?
- How do we use the funds made available to organizations?
- Spending without counting or Spending without wasting grant money, the fruit of someone’s labor somewhere…
- How to be thrifty without being stingy? Taking care of the grant money as if it were our own, BUT not confusing it with our own.
Part 2: Our relationship with our donors
- Respecting the terms of the contract, while maximizing the use of resources with the agreement of donors who are often very open and willing to listen to our proposals.
- Our donor: a partner or a boss?
Part 3: Beyond Grants: How to sustain a stable income for our organizations and its leaders
- Towards Financial Empowerment of our Organizations: An Achievable Dream?
- Diversifying funding sources: a solution for the financial resilience of organizations?
- Strengthening the financial resilience of women’s organizations.
II/ MAIN TASKS
The main tasks of the “WARIKOW … My Relationship with Money” Campaign Coordinator include: coordination, implementation, reporting and evaluation of the Campaign activities.
- Develop a strategy and activity plan to be implemented over the next 6 months;
- Contribute to the mobilization of additional resources for the Campaign’s activity plan if necessary;
- Coordinate the implementation of activities;
- Schedule and facilitate meetings including, as appropriate, information and training workshops, as well as monthly or quarterly meetings of the Campaign Coordination Team;
- Develop and write a consolidated monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual report on the progress of the Campaign to be used for internal learning, annual reports, and donors;
- Write articles and contribute to the creation of other content in various formats on Campaign activities;
- Represent XOESE in meetings and events as requested;
- Perform any additional tasks related to Campaign coordination that emerge during the course of the consultancy.
1. Technical skills and professionalism
- Good knowledge of current project and campaign management practices in non-profit organizations;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in French and English;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time and accomplish them under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to demonstrate professional competence and subject matter expertise;
- Ability to bring awareness and efficiency to the performance of duties in order to meet contractual commitments, deadlines and expected results;
- Ability to persevere in the face of obstacles and difficulties;
- Ability to maintain composure in crisis situations.
2. Communication skills and team spirit
- Ability to listen to others, understand them well and follow up appropriately;
- Ability to adapt language, tone, style and presentation to the audience being addressed
- Ability to collaborate with other partners to achieve campaign goals;
- Ability to solicit input, value ideas and expertise, and be willing to learn from others;
- Ability to put the team’s interest ahead of personal advantage;
- Ability to accept and abide by the final decisions of the group, even if they do not fit perfectly with one’s own position;
3. Experience and essential skills
- Project Management Experience;
- Strong writing, presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively;
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in multidisciplinary and cross-cultural teams;
- Experience developing and managing financial operational systems, schedules and reports;
- Experience working with international financial organizations and familiarity with their various compliance rules and regulations;
- Ability to travel within Africa and internationally as required by the Campaign;
- Highly organized, flexible and able to work independently with little supervision;
- Honesty and integrity, including a willingness to accept ownership and responsibility, while doing the right thing and achieving ambitious goals.
- Graduate degree in social sciences, development studies, women’s studies or related discipline, or equivalent years of experience in one of these fields;
- At least three years of professional experience at senior levels in development project or campaign management;
- Appreciation of Francophone Africa (understanding of the challenges and culture of the Francophone women’s movement, experience working in this geographic area, etc.);
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills and experience in conveying complex information to stakeholders of different abilities and experience levels;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the women’s or civil society movement;
- Strong understanding of gender and development issues;
- Experience in an international organization is highly desirable;
- Good knowledge of Office Suite, Google Workspace, Canva;
- Fluency in written and spoken French;
- Good knowledge of English is an asset.
V/ DURATION AND TYPE OF CONTRACT
This is a part-time Consultancy position working approximately 15 hours per week. During some weeks or months the work could be more intense than others.
The initial contract will be for a period of 6 months. It can be renewed by mutual agreement if there is a need to extend it and if resources are available.
VI/ HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please send your application containing the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and before the deadline of April 07, 2023:
- a cover letter (including your fee proposal),
- a brief description (1-2 pages) of your understanding of the terms of reference and your approach to managing this campaign
- a recent curriculum vitae,
- copies of your diplomas and certificates,
- Proof of successful completion of previous assignments
- Two professional references.
Please mention the job title “WARIKOW” Coordinator in the subject line.
XOESE encourages applications from people from ethnic minorities, indigenous communities and people with disabilities. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to respond personally to applicants who are not shortlisted.
If you have not heard from us within six weeks of the deadline, please assume that your application was not successful.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All short-listed candidates will be required to undergo rigorous background checks and reference checks and will be required to provide letters of recommendation from previous employers.
No phone calls please.