Internship title: Research Assistant
Location: Lomé, Togo or home-based
Application deadline: January 3rd at midnight UTC (or until post is filled)
Start date: Immediately or latest by January 11th
Length of internship: 3 months (with the possibility to renew the contract once)
Hours: Full-time or part-time
Languages required: French
I / ABOUT XOESE
XOESE, the Francophone Women’s Fund is a feminist foundation created on September 1, 2015. Its objectives are to:
- Provide financial support for the implementation of initiatives promoting the rights of women, young women and girls;
- Strengthen the institutional capacities of women’s and young women’s organizations;
- Encourage and support innovative initiatives for the empowerment of women’s and young women’s organizations.
Its secretariat is based in Lomé, Togo. But XOESE’s staff is made up of employees and volunteers based at headquarters or at home.
Its coverage area includes in total the 25 French-speaking countries of the Great South. The XOESE Fund will complete its grant-making and capacity building activities for women’s and young women’s organizations within those countries.
II / DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The interns will participate in the research activities of the Fund. Interns will assist with several stages of our research-action study depending on their capacity such as the literature review, the development and implementation of research methods, data collection, data analyses, and the writing of reports.
All candidates should:
- Have a particular interest in and commitment to women’s human rights and organizing
- Be currently enrolled or recently graduated from a university program in sociology, international development studies, human rights, gender studies or any related field
- Be well organized and motivated
- Be fluent in French (written and spoken)
And preferably should also:
- Have experience in research (academic or professional)
- Have knowledge of qualitative research methods with previous experience in conducting interviews and/or focus groups.
- Have strong writing skills
- Have strong data analysis skills
- Have a good level of English
IV/ INTERNSHIP CONDITIONS
- Interns can work either from home or in our offices in Lomé. Those who want to work from home must have access to a computer and a reliable access to internet.
- The internships last 3 months with a possibility of a one-time renewal.
- The exact working hours and dates can be flexible as long as the hours fall within the official working hours and days of the country in which the person is located.
- The internship will not be paid but you will gain valuable experience in the area of women’s rights, philanthropy and research. We do offer, however, a lump sum compensation to cover costs such as transport, internet, electricity, etc. We can also offer an emolument depending on the quality of your contribution.
- Your contribution will be recognized in the research report.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please send your application package containing the documents below to email@example.com as soon as possible and before the January 3rd deadline:
- a cover letter,
- a recent resume or CV,
- copies of your diplomas and certificates or proof of current inscription,
Please mention the title “Research Internship” in the subject line.
XOESE encourages people from ethnic minorities, indigenous communities and people with disabilities to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Due to the high number of applications that we receive, we regret to inform that we will not be able to personally respond to candidates that are not selected for an interview.
If you do not hear back from us within 6 weeks following the application deadline, please assume that your application was not selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
No phone calls please.