JOB OFFER/CONSULTANCE : Campaign coordinator JE M’ENGAGE
The XOESE Fund recruiting for this position. Deadline: February 22, 2023
Position Title: Coordinator of the JE M’ENGAGE campaign
Place: XOESE headquarters (in Lomé, Togo) or remotely (at home)
Application deadline: February 22, 2023
Type of Contract: Part-time consultancy: 1 to 2 days per week (8 days per month)
Contract length: one-year renewable if funds are available
Languages required: French, English
Are you a woman passionate about women’s rights and concerned about the slow results of development initiatives? Have you got proven experience in the women’s movement and activism? Are you interested in supporting Francophone women’s and young women’s organizations so that they are more active and reactively putting your very expertise at their service? Are you bilingual (English/French)? You may be the ideal candidate that XOESE is looking for this position. To apply, please send your file before February 22, 2023 To email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as we receive them.
You can download the information document of the offer in English
In 2021, 26 years after the Beijing conference in 1995, another global conference on women’s rights was held: The Generation Equality Forum. To contribute to the success of this major event and advance equality and women’s rights, XOESE, the Fund for Francophone Women, in collaboration with the Fund for Congolese Women(FFC), launched the I COMMIT!(JME). The aim of this campaign was to mobilize local actors in the French-speaking countries of the Deep South to make concrete commitments to support the six coalitions of action and the mechanism for women, peace and security and the action which were launched during the Paris Forum in June 2021.
As part of this campaign, 12 national advocacy coalitions were formed in Francophone Africa as well as in Haiti to implement the campaign objectives in their respective countries. The campaign coordination team (XOESE & FFC), provided technical and financial support to the national coalitions. XOESE awarded a grant of USD 2,000 to each of the 12 national coalitions. In terms of technical support, the campaign coordination team provided a toolbox containing key information and materials such as posters and stickers, sample letters requesting appointments and commitments, with the aim of facilitating the work of advocacy groups. XOESE and FFC also held weekly meetings with national coalitions to coach them in their advocacy activities.
Thanks to the campaign, more than 560 actors (CSOs, public institutions, private sectors, media, local authorities, religious authorities) were mobilized for the campaign.
The national coalitions of JE M’ENGAGE! successfully secured over 127 engagements with local and national actors to advance women’s rights and the goals of the Generation Equality Forum. Several coalitions, for example, have succeeded in mobilizing and engaging local actors such as local elected officials, opinion leaders, bearers of habits and customs to support and act to put an end to gender-based violence in their communities. Other campaign coalitions have been successful in mobilizing media to talk about the campaign, the importance of taking action for women’s rights and the work of women’s and young women’s organizations. Some coalitions like J’M’ENGAGE! DRC advocated with their government. The DRC National Gender Minister, for example.
II/ MAIN TASKS
The main tasks of the Campaign Coordinator JE M’ENGAGE include: coordination, implementation, reporting and evaluation of Campaign activities.
- Develop a strategy for revitalizing the country groups and a plan of activities to be implemented over the next 12 months;
- Contribute to the mobilization of additional resources for the Campaign’s Business Plan;
- Coordinate the implementation of activities
- Schedule and facilitate annual and other periodic meetings of the Country Groups, including information and training workshops, as well as monthly or quarterly meetings of the Campaign Coordination Team;
- Develop and write an annual report on the progress of the Campaign which will be used both for internal learning and for annual reports and donors;
- Manage, where appropriate, the allocation of small grants to JME groups
- Write articles and contribute to the creation of other content in various formats on the activities of the Campaign
- Represent XOESE in meetings and events related to the Generation Equality process and its Action Coalitions
- Perform any additional tasks related to Campaign coordination that will emerge during the consultancy.
1. Technical Skills and Professionalism
- Good knowledge of current practices in the management of projects and campaigns within non-profit organizations;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in French and English;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time and complete them under tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Ability to demonstrate professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
- Ability to bring to the execution of one’s tasks the awareness and concern for efficiency required to be able to honor contractual commitments, meet deadlines and obtain the expected results;
- Ability to persevere in the face of obstacles and difficulties;
- Ability to remain calm in crisis situations.
2. Communication Skills and Team Spirit
- Ability to listen to others, understand them well and follow up as appropriate;
- Ability to Know how to adapt language, tone, style and presentation to the audience to be addressed;
- Ability to Collaborate with other partners in order to achieve the objectives of the Campaign;
- Ability to solicit input, fully appreciate each other’s ideas and skills and be ready to learn from others;
- Ability to put the interest of the team before his personal advantage;
- Ability to accept the final decisions of the group and comply with them, even if they do not fit perfectly with its own position;
3. Essential experience and skills
- Project management experience
- Strong writing ability and skills in presentation and interpersonal, verbal and written communication;
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively;
- Proven experience of working effectively in multidisciplinary and cross-cultural teams;
- Experience in developing and managing financial operational systems, schedules and reports;
- Experience working with international financial bodies and familiarity with their various compliance rules and regulations;
- Ability to travel within Africa and internationally as required Campaign, at least twice a year;
- Highly organized, flexible and able to work independently with very little supervision;
- Honesty and integrity, including a desire to accept ownership and responsibility, while doing things well and achieving ambitious goals.
- Advanced university degree in social sciences, development studies, evaluation, women’s studies or related discipline, or equivalent years of experience in one of these fields;
- At least three years of professional experience at responsible levels in the areas of development project or campaign management;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills and experience conveying complex information to stakeholders of varying ability and experience levels;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the women’s movement or civil society;
- Thorough understanding of gender and development issues;
- Experience in an international organization is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge in word, Excel, Outlook, Internet;
- Perfect command of French, both written and spoken;
- Good knowledge of English.
V/ DURATION AND TYPE OF CONTRACT
This is a part-time Consultant position for approximately one to two days a week. During some weeks or months, the work may be more intense than others.
The initial contract will be for one year (12 months). It may be renewed by mutual agreement if the resources are available.
To apply, please send your application file containing the documents below to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and before the deadline for February 22, 2023:
- a letter of motivation (including your claim fees),
- A recent curriculum vitae,
- copies of your diplomas and certificates,
- the contact details of your former employers, and their letters of recommendations
- Two Professional references.
Please mention the job title “ Coordinatrice JME ” in the subject of the message.
XOESE encourages people from ethnic minorities, indigenous communities and people with disabilities to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret that we cannot respond personally to candidates who will not be shortlisted.
If you have not heard from us within six weeks of the deadline, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All candidates pre-selected will have to submit to rigorous verifications of their work history and references provided and will need to provide letters of recommendation from their former employers.
No phone calls please.