XOESE Fund is recruiting for this position. Deadline: January 31, 2023
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: XOESE Headquarters (Lomé, Togo)
Application deadline: January 31, 2023
Type of contract : CDI (with 3 months trial period)
Language requirements: French, English
Are you a young person with a passion for women’s rights who has training and experience in financial management of projects? Are you interested in supporting the initiatives of francophone women’s and young women’s organizations by putting your knowledge to work? Are you bilingual (English/French)? You may be the ideal candidate that XOESE, le Fonds des femmes francophones is looking for. To apply, please send your application by January 31, 2023 to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
You can download the job posting in French here !
The XOESE Fund is a feminist foundation created on September 1, 2015. Its objectives are to:
- To financially support the implementation of initiatives promoting the rights of women, young women and girls ;
- Strengthen the institutional capacities of women’s and young women’s organizations;
- Encourage and support innovative initiatives for the empowerment of women and young women’s organizations.
Its secretariat is based in Lomé, Togo. But XOESE’s staff is made up of employees and volunteers based at headquarters or at home.
Its coverage area includes all French-speaking countries.
II/ SUMMARY OF MAIN FUNCTIONS
The Finance Assistant is a person with training and experience in financial management of projects and a passion for women’s rights and gender equality.
Working under the supervision of the Accountant, she/he assists the Accountant in managing the Fund’s accounting and financial operations and performs other duties as required by the Fund. He/she will:
- Assists in the accounting management of the Fund
- Assist in the preparation of project/program budgets and the Fund’s annual budget in accordance with internal procedures;
- Assists in the production of financial reports and expenditure forecasts/prospects;
- Actively contributes to departmental work.
III/ MAIN TASKS
3.1.1. Assists the accountant in keeping the general accounts on the software
– Receives and arranges the accounting documents;
– Updates the different plans (accounting, analytical, budgetary…) for use in the software.
3.1.2. Keeping the accounts
– Carries out the coding and the exact and daily recording of the operations in the software;
– Maintains accounting records;
– Maintains and updates cash and bank journals;
– Prepares and or receives the cash reports at the end of each day or week;
– Performs monthly bank reconciliation statements;
– Carries out the calculation of depreciation;
3.2. Internal financial system
– Respect the Fund’s internal procedures regarding the replenishment of cash and bank accounts for specific projects, the management of accounting, daily expenses and the implementation of activities through regular follow-up with the employees involved and partners.
– Master the use of internal tools to track the current grant portfolio, the timing of recipient reporting.
– Work closely with the grants department to review grant recipients’ budgets and financial reports and provide financial support as needed.
3.3 Perform any other duties as assigned
The incumbent must be committed to the mission and vision of the Fund and to its values and objectives. He or she must have:
- A graduate degree in finance, public law or related discipline, or equivalent years of experience in one of these fields;
- At least two years of professional experience in budgeting, financial management and financial reporting;
- Experience in an international organization is highly desirable;
- Mastery of social legislation and good knowledge of labor law;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills and experience in conveying complex information to stakeholders of different abilities and experience levels;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the women’s or civil society movement;
- Strong understanding of gender and development issues;
- Proficiency in computer and accounting software: Sage Saari, QuickBooks … ;
- Perfect command of French, both written and spoken;
- Good knowledge of English, an asset;
- Proven sense of confidentiality.
HOW TO APPLY ?
To apply, please send your application including the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and before the deadline of January 31, 2023
- a cover letter (including your salary expectations),
- a recent curriculum vitae,
- copies of your diplomas and certificates,
- contact information for your former employers,
- contact information for three references.
Please include the job title “Finance Assistant” in the subject line.
XOESE encourages applications from ethnic minorities, indigenous communities and persons with disabilities. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to respond personally to applicants who are not shortlisted.
If you have not heard from us within six weeks of the deadline, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
All short-listed candidates will be required to undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No phone calls please.