XOESE Fund is recruiting for this position. Deadline: January 31, 2023
Job Title: Grants Program Assistant
Location: XOESE headquarters (Lomé, Togo) or remotely (at home)
Application deadline: January 31, 2023
Type of contract: Long term contract or Consultancy (with 3 months trial period)
Languages required: French, English
Are you a woman passionate about women’s rights with experience in grants management? Are you interested in supporting the initiatives of francophone women’s and young women’s organizations by putting your knowledge to work for them? Are you bilingual (English/French)? You may be the ideal candidate that XOESE is looking for for this position. To apply, please send your application before January 31, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
You can download the job posting in French here.
The XOESE Fund is a feminist foundation established on September 1, 2015. Its objectives are to:
- To financially support the implementation of initiatives promoting the rights of women, young women and girls;
- Strengthen the institutional capacities of women’s and young women’s organizations;
- Encourage and support innovative initiatives for the empowerment of women and young women’s organizations.
Its secretariat is based in Lomé, Togo. But XOESE’s staff is made up of employees based at the headquarters or at home.
Its coverage area includes all French-speaking countries.
II/ SUMMARY OF THE MAIN FUNCTIONS
The Grants Program Assistant works under the supervision of the Grants Department Manager. Primary duties include:
- Managing grant-making activities for the Fund’s partner organizations;
- Develop technical documents and content;
Write reports and content on grants awarded;
- Tracking funded projects, compiling data and entering it into grant management tables and software;
- Provide support to partner organizations in the finalization, implementation and monitoring of their projects;
- Represent the department in meetings as requested;
- Contribute to team activities within the Department and the Organization;
- Perform other duties as required by the Fund.
III/ PRINCIPALES TACHES
1. Manage grant allocations to recipients
- Write calls for proposals;
- Receive and process grant applications according to the Fund’s procedures;
- Perform necessary verifications and write reports;
- Prepare grant agreements and related documents to be sent to recipients;
- Provide assistance to applicant organizations in finalizing their projects.
2. Develop technical documents and content
- Contribute to the development of reports, articles, policy documents and internal guidelines;
- Contribute to the development of project/program documents in collaboration with the Resource Mobilization Team.
3. Write reports and content on allocated grants
- Write condensed and final progress reports for each grant cycle;
- Write articles and contribute to the creation of other content in various formats on the activities of funded organizations in collaboration with the Communications Team;
- Contribute to the development of financial and narrative reports to donors in collaboration with the Finance and Resource Mobilization Teams.
4. Monitor funded projects, compile data and enter it into grant management tables and software
- Monitor implementation of funded projects;
- Collect data from individual reports of funded organizations and compile it into tables and grant management software for use by members of other departments.
5. Provide support to partner organizations in finalizing, implementing and monitoring their projects
- Provide assistance to partner organizations in finalizing, implementing and monitoring their projects;
- Organize one-on-one physical or virtual meetings with organizations to provide them with the support they need;
- Recommend, if resources are available, the accompaniment of certain organizations by consultants for their institutional strengthening.
6. Represent the department in meetings upon request
- Participate in selected meetings upon request to take notes and write reports;
- Represent the Department or XOESE at meetings as requested.
7. Contribute to team activities within the Department and the Organization
- Participate in and actively contribute to staff meetings;
- Actively participate in and contribute to team activities;
- Participate in all meetings related to his/her function where his/her participation is required.
8. Prepare and submit to his/her supervisor a daily, weekly and monthly report of his/her work
- Prepare an activity report at the end of each day and submit it to his/her supervisor by 5:00 p.m;
- Prepare and submit to his/her supervisor a weekly and monthly summary report of his/her work.
- Abide by all rules of ethics and conduct and follow all XOESE internal policies and guidelines including those related to confidentiality even after the end of his/her contract;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Technical skills
- Good knowledge of current project management practices in non-profit organizations;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in French
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time and accomplish them under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to work in a team or independently.
- Ability to work as a team with members of his/her department and other members of the XOESE team;
- Ability to apply the Fund’s rules, regulations, policies, and guidelines in the course of work and to report on or justify critical administrative decisions;
- Demonstrate professional competence and subject matter expertise ;
- Bring to the performance of duties the awareness and focus on efficiency to be able to meet contractual commitments, deadlines and expected results;
- Persevere in the face of obstacles and difficulties;
- Maintain composure in crisis situations.
- Communication skills
- Listen to others, understand them well and follow up appropriately;
- Adapt language, tone, style and presentation to the audience;
- Collaborate with colleagues to achieve the Fund’s goals;
- Soliciting input, valuing each other’s ideas and expertise, and being willing to learn from each other;
- Putting the interests of the team ahead of personal advantage;
- Accepting and abiding by the final decisions of the group, even if they do not perfectly fit one’s own position;
- Leadership/collaborative qualities
- Serves as a role model to those around her;
- Contribute with each member of his/her team to the development of the assets necessary to achieve the desired objectives;
- Anticipate conflicts and strive to resolve them amicably;
- Invest in change and progress;
- Have the courage to take unpopular positions.
- Experience and Essential Skills
- Project management experience
- Strong writing, presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills ;
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively ;
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in multidisciplinary and cross-cultural teams ;
- Experience developing and managing financial operational systems, schedules and reports;
- Experience working with international financial organizations and familiarity with their various compliance rules and regulations;
- Proven ability to prioritize in a demanding work environment with multiple responsibilities and tight deadlines;
- Ability to travel within Africa and internationally as required by the Fund;
- Ability to create, introduce and be open to new practices, concepts, ideas and changes and demonstrate a commitment to personal development;
- Highly organized, flexible and able to work independently with little supervision;
- Honesty and integrity, including a desire to accept ownership and responsibility, while doing the right thing and achieving ambitious goals.
- Graduate degree in social sciences, development studies, evaluation, women’s studies or related discipline, or equivalent years of experience in one of these fields;
- At least three years of professional experience at senior levels in development project management;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills and experience in conveying complex information to stakeholders of varying abilities and experience levels;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the women’s or civil society movement;
- Strong understanding of gender and development issues;
- Experience in an international organization is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet;
- Fluency in written and spoken French;
- Good knowledge of English.
VI/ HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please send your application including the following documents to email@example.com as soon as possible and before the deadline of January 31, 2023
- a cover letter (including your salary expectations),
- a recent curriculum vitae,
- copies of your diplomas and certificates,
- contact information for your previous employers,
- contact information for three references.
Please include the position title “Assistante de Programme Subventions” in the subject line.
XOESE encourages applications from ethnic minorities, indigenous communities, and persons with disabilities. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to respond personally to applicants who are not shortlisted.
If you have not heard from us within six weeks of the deadline, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
All short-listed candidates will be required to undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No phone calls please.