For the 2nd edition of the International Francophone Forum, XOESE, the Fund for Francophone Women, is looking for volunteers.
Deadline: May 12, 2023
You can download the information document of the offer here
ABOUT THE FORUM
The XOESE International Francophone Forum is an event dedicated exclusively to strengthening the Francophone women’s rights movement. It brings together key leaders of the movement, women’s rights and social justice advocates from different social movements, as well as development practitioners, donors and policy makers. The first edition of the Francophone Forum took place in November 2021 and was marked by four days of meetings, exchanges and work between key actors of the movement of all ages, backgrounds and experiences. Participants had the opportunity to interact with each other and with the partners who support them. This first edition allowed the movement’s actors to spend enriching moments of exchange on issues that they do not usually address, at least not in a formal space, and to develop strategies to work together to strengthen their movement, beyond their differences and divergences. In order to perpetuate this framework of exchanges between women’s movement actors, XOESE launches the second edition of the Francophone Forum which will be held in hybrid format: face-to-face in Lomé and simultaneously online from November 27 to 30, 2023 on the theme: “Building the Francophone women’s movement: Where to start?
XOESE, the Francophone Women’s Fund, is looking for volunteers (10);
The volunteer experience will provide the opportunity to participate and/or speak at the XOESE Francophone Forum while gaining experience in different professional areas and broadening one’s knowledge on women’s rights issues.
The professional areas identified that will guide the selection process include:
- Resource mobilization (human and/or financial)
- Customer service
To be eligible, the candidate must:
- Have an excellent written and oral command of the French language;
- Have a good knowledge of English, is an asset;
- Demonstrate an interest in women’s rights issues;
- Be dynamic and motivated;
- Know how to use computers and the Internet;
- Know how to use graphic design software such as canva or photoshop, is an asset.
Terms and Conditions of Volunteering
- Volunteers can work from home or in our office in Lomé. Those who wish to work from home must have access to a computer and a working internet connection;
- During the volunteer period, XOESE provides volunteers with an office and a computer, for volunteers based at its headquarters;
- The volunteer period is 7 months (May 2023 to November 2023);
- Be available between 1 to 3 days per week and full time from November 27 to 30, 2023 (Forum days);
- The hours and number of hours of work can be flexible depending on the person’s schedule and needs (as long as the hours fall within the official working hours and days of the country where the person is located);
- Volunteers will be partially or fully covered for the costs of attending the Forum;
- Volunteers will abide by XOESE’s Code of Ethics and Conduct and are expected to strictly adhere to XOESE’s rules and regulations regarding behavior, communications, confidentiality, etc.
How to apply?
To apply, please send your application containing the following items to email@example.com by May 12, 2023:
- A letter of application to volunteer detailing your skills, understanding of the role, and contribution;
- A current curriculum vitae,
- Copies of your degrees and certifications,
- Contact information for three references, including a family member.
Please mention the job title “XOESE Forum Volunteer” in the subject line.
XOESE encourages applications from people from ethnic minorities, indigenous communities and people with disabilities to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to respond personally to applicants who are not shortlisted.
If you have not heard from us within six weeks of the deadline, please
assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
All short-listed candidates will be required to undergo rigorous reference checks.
No phone calls please.