Title: Communications Internship
Location: Lomé, Togo or home-based
Application deadline: March 21st at midnight UTC (or until post is filled)
Start date: Immediately or latest by April 19th
Type of contract: Internship
Length of contract: 3 months (with the possibility to renew the contract once)
Hours: Full-time or part-time
Languages required: French (fluent), English (a plus)
I / ABOUT XOESE
XOESE, the Francophone Women’s Fund is a feminist foundation created on September 1, 2015. The Funds’ objectives are to:
- Provide financial support for the implementation of initiatives promoting the rights of women, young women and girls;
- Strengthen the institutional capacities of women’s and young women’s organizations;
- Encourage and support innovative initiatives for the empowerment of women’s and young women’s organizations.
Its secretariat is based in Lomé, Togo. But XOESE’s staff is made up of employees and volunteers based at headquarters or at home.
Its coverage area includes in total the 25 French-speaking countries of the Great South. The XOESE Fund will complete its grant-making and capacity building activities for women’s and young women’s organizations within those countries.
II / DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Communications department works to ensure that the story of the Fund and the Francophone women’s rights movements of the Global South are told in a powerful, engaging, and consistent way. The Communications Intern will support the department in the coordination and implementation of the communication activities of the Fund including:
- The coordination and implementation of a communication campaign strategy around the Fund’s advocacy work in relation to the “Support Fund for Feminist Organisations” (https://xoese.org/lettre-ouverte-au-president-macron/)
- The production of original online content (i.e. videos, infographics, photos) and regular posting on XOESE’s online media platforms (website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Assist in the creation and distribution of Annual Reports and other major publications
- Assist in organizing virtual events such as webinars, online discussions, google hangouts, etc.
- Create and distribute emails, including newsletters
- Other tasks as assigned
III / QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a particular interest and commitment to the feminist movement and women’s rights.
- Be enrolled in or recently graduated from a university program in communication, public affairs, graphic design, journalism, marketing or another related field
- Be well-organized, motivated and creative
- Have strong writing skills
- Speak and write fluently in French
Candidates should preferably:
- Have experience in using websites and social media platforms
- Have graphic and website design skills and experience using related design and editing tools (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro…)
- Have experience in the coordination and implementation of communication campaigns
- Have a working knowledge of English
IV/ INTERNSHIP CONDITIONS
- Interns can work either from home or in our offices in Lomé. Those who want to work from home must have access to a computer and a reliable access to internet.
- The internships lasts for 3 months with a possibility of a one-time
- The exact working hours and dates can be flexible as long as the hours fall within the official working hours and days of the country in which the person is located.
- The internship will not be paid but you will gain valuable experience in the area of women’s rights, philanthropy and communication. We do offer, however, a lump sum compensation to cover costs such as transport, internet, electricity, etc. We can also offer an emolument depending on the quality of your contribution.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please send your application package (in French) containing the documents below to email@example.com as soon as possible and before the March 21st deadline:
- a cover letter (indicating your availability),
- a recent resume or CV,
- copies of your diplomas and certificates,
Please mention the post title “Communications Internship” in the subject line.
XOESE encourages people from ethnic minorities, indigenous communities and people with disabilities to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Due to the high number of applications that we receive, we regret to inform that we will not be able to personally respond to candidates that are not selected for an interview.
If you do not hear back from us within 6 weeks following the application deadline, please assume that your application was not selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo rigorous checks of the references provided as well as their employment history.
No phone calls please.